Saturday, January 26, 2013

More How I Met Your Mother Wisdom

 This quote is from the Three Days Rule Episode. Honestly that whole episode could be a blog topic. For now I will stick with this beautiful quote from the most unexpected of places....



"just knowing he's out there thinking about you, caring about you, makes you feel safe. So all your fears, all your yesterdays, wash away. And only hope remains in the promise of his embrace."

"You make me thank God for every mistake I ever made, because each one led me down the path that brought me to you."

"And when we finally come together, I want you to hold me. Hold me all night. Stroke my hair. Tell me I'm a woman, and show me you a man. Until there is only now. You, and I, and now."

"I do not ask of the night explanations, I wait for it, and it envelopes me, and so you, and bread, and light, and shadow, are. - That's Pablo Neruda."


This LEGEN ( wait for it) DARY quote helped me realize that all of the horrible relationships and even the not so horrible ones had to happen so that  I can meet the future father of my children. Just like how everything in How I Met Your Mother is intricately linked causing a chain of events like falling dominoes the same is true in real life. We are just too close to the situation to see how all the mistakes are leading us to that one person. But maybe if we are lucky we will be telling our kids a long ass story about how we met their father/mother.


"I’ll be back when the wind and fate and chance bring me back…which will be tomorrow. It’s cheese steak day."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You read! Did you like? Feedback or just a plain Good Job is greatly appreciated!